Today we will be Tiramisu with a twist. Instead of using Rum and Espresso we will be using Beer Geek Breakfast. You can find the review on the beer in the previous post on HookedOnHops.com
On to Cooking!
- 3/4 c Cold Heavy Cream
- 2 ea Eggs
- 1 c Confectioner’s Sugar
- 2 1/2 t Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 ea (8 oz) Tubs Mascarpone Cheese at toom temperature.
- 2 c Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast
- 40 ea Ladyfinger Cookies
- 1/2 c Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- In a chilled bowl, whip the Cream until stiff peaks form, making sure not to overbeat. Cover the bowl when done and set it aside in the refrigerator.
- In another bowl, beat Eggs and Salt until the volume doubles and the color lightens. Add the Sugar, Vanilla and Mascarpone. Mix gently until incorporated.
- Fold in the whipped cream and then set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a shallow dish quickly dunk both sides of the Ladyfingers. Arrange them in a single layer in an 8 inch square dish.
- Spread the layer of Mascarpone mixture over the Ladyfingers. Sprinkle on a liberal amount of cocoa using a fine mesh sieve. Repeat the layers, using all the Ladyfingers and Mascarpone mixture, and generously dusting with Cocoa again.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Beeramisu will keep covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
The final product will look like this: